Monday, April 20, 2009

Been a long while

It's been forever since I last had a good verbal vomit. I lie awake at night writing this blog in my mind, yet never give it life.

Things have been hectic with the new baby and all. There is so much I could say from the past six months I have neglected my blog spot. But there is one thing one my mind.

You see, I had a secret. A secret I kept from everyone since I was 13. Not even SM knew, not my sister, not my mom. My secret was my sex life at that young age.

SM knew that I wasn't a virgin when we married. But I led him to believe it was only one man I had been with. The truth is that I had sex with three different men. Not that the number is outrageous, but the fact that I was a young thirteen is appalling.

He and I were sharing some personal things today and he asked some uncomfortable questions.
I answered truthfully. Even confessing that the second man was married.

Thank goodness that we are at the point in our marriage that we can share things like this.
I have been with SM since I was 17, and I never thought I would ever tell him. Only because I was so ashamed.

It was a horrible thing I did, not once, but several times. I was way too young and I could have messed my life up badly.

It has all ended well though. SM and I are cool as well as that heavy burden full of deceitful secrets I had been carrying around.

In my old age I tend to be more supportive than judgmental of people. Because I have been there and walked in those shoes. It is this reason that I have been able to help young girls with their personal problems without ever disclosing mine.

Also, due to the fact I have three girls myself, I have to be understanding. Understanding beside my shotgun.

No comments: