Monday, October 27, 2008

If it looks like a duck...

I swear. How dumb can you be.
Tell me you feel like there is something wrong. Tell me one day you hope I find someone who cares for me. Tell me you know you don't do enough. Tell me you know how horrible you are. Tell me how sorry you are.

And then what?

Do nothing? Do absolutely nothing? Are you kidding me?

(rhetorical questions )

Promise me the moon and stars; promise me some companionship; promise me a few minutes of your time.

And do what?

Sleep? Go to sleep? Are you kidding me? Not once, but again and again.

(rhetorical questions)

Ok, so now what?

I will tell you. And I do.
I tell you what I need and want. Tell you how I feel.
Tell you that I need you. That I have to share my heart and soul with you. Tell you I need you to touch my body with love. Tell you how I need your security. Tell you that I love you.

And you do what?

You say no...and you sleep. You justify it by saying some other time.

Well, you know what? There wont be another time.
You see what you fail to realize is that I supply your needs. You have no problems because I do as you ask. I am aware, compassionate, considerate, dependable and I am there for you. When you ask for something, I give.

But not you. No way. You don't have the depth to give like that. You know you should and even feel bad. You are even sorry at times. Truly sorry. But it just isn't there.

For that I pity you. I have an emptiness that is saved for you. It will never be filled; I, as well as you, know that. Yet it still hurts. Hurts worse by the fact you know how bad you hurt me. You know and yet you wont allow yourself to even try.

...then it's a duck...isn't it?
(rhetorical question)

No comments: